Τετάρτη 2 Μαρτίου 2016

Altered Rubik's cube for Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo

Hello crafty friends! 

I am back again today to show youone of my most favorite creations ever. 
I think altered items have stolen my heart! ;) 

This month at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo we have a new and fun challenge: Keys!


This is my take on the challenge. It started as an advertising Rubik's cube. 




And here is how I altered it. 


I used Prima Marketing ignition keys for my challenge and a vintage image from 7 dots studio "Cold Country" collection. 
The cube was misted with Finnabair mica powders in my favorite colors, Teal, Deep Water and Bottle Green. 


I used a Finnabair stensil and Finnabair Graphite Paste for texture and extra shimmer. 
Notice on the corner and stenciled areas how efficiently the graphite paste absorbs the micas and how much more it shines! Brilliant I tell you! 



Another view with a Tim Holtz nib pen as a corner decoration.  



This Rubik's cube is a present for my husband to go along with the altered globe I made for him (original post here)

Remeber to visit the blog to see the amazing creations from our Design Team and dont forget the prizes! 7 dots studio are releasing new collections and I am dyyyying to play with them! 
I'm sure you cant wait too! 


9 σχόλια:

  1. I can see the fab smiles on your husband's face =) This is original and fantabulous! Hugs xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. This is absolutely amazing! What an awesome altered project!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Oh you clever girl! What a great use of the block. You executed everything so skillfully.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Love you cube, what a great idea for a boring cube. Love your outcome a lot. Gorgeous color use!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή